Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Words on pages.

No intro today, I'm just going to launch into my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

A few years ago, I had the idea of writing my life story. I have unique circumstances, amazing friends, and I'm in theatre; Could make for an interesting read, right? Last year I started writing snippets down of things I'd like to include in my "memoirs." (Thanks, Tim for planting THAT idea in my head...) Some of them were just events that were happening at the time (remember that time I directed and choreographed a full-length musical? yeah), and a few things from my childhood.

My mom has always wondered if I was going to document my adoption story, and I think that's a great idea. Another friend asked if I would think about co-writing a book with my mom about how a white mother can be educated on how to deal with black hair. My response: "I could go on for DAYS about that topic...maybe!"

But it wasn't until yesterday, as there were crazy things happening on a status I posted that I was reminded of a weekend in college that traumatized me to the core. It was then that I decided:

I'm going to write a book. 

Yup. A book.  

I have no idea why, I have no clue how to start, I have other things I should be doing, but I'm going do this anyway.

So this is where you come in. If you have anything you want me to include, or questions/situations I should address in this book, please please please suggest them to me! I can promise you that some of what will be written in my book will be questioned by people, but ultimately, I want to write about things that will interest my family, friends (internet and real life!) and blog followers. I'd also ask for your positive support, prayers, and fun things (bubbles, water balloons, surprise trips to Starbucks, etc...) as I partake on this scary journey.

There is no time limit on your offerings. I can be reached here in my ask box to the right, Facebook, and on Twitter: @StarleishaG 

So. There it is.
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Deep breaths, and try to stay cool!
-S.

2 comments :

  1. I cannot communicate enough like for this. Of course you should write a book! Are you going to try to publish it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Jessi! Yes, I'm hoping to publish it, but just as an ebook for starters. So it will be mini book, but still full of anecdotes, lessons, and reasons why I am the way I am!

      Delete