Friday, August 9, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Lonely

I pride myself on my ability to make friends. I always say I wish I could get paid for it. I love the rush I get at making a connection with people. A smile, a nod, an affirming word to the girl in the dressing room trying on a dress for her fiance's 10 year reunion. Speaking as an Extrovert, it does come second nature. But what some people wouldn't expect is the moments of loneliness I have.

I don't like to talk about it. It's scary. It's something that I'm legit ashamed of. I shouldn't feel lonely. I have a wonderful family, beautiful/talented friends who support me and a boyfriend who would pull the stars from the heavens for me if I asked.

The loneliness isn't just solitude. It's deeper than that. It's pain...sorrow. Explainable emotions that I stuff down lower because I'm supposed to be outgoing and smiling all the time. I don't get it, but I'll get through it somehow.

Being lonely in a full room is the worst. I hate that the most. Surrounded by a ton of faces and just being...lonely.

Did Jesus ever feel like this, I wonder?


If you want to join in on Five Minute Friday, click http://lisajobaker.com/2013/08/five-minute-friday-lonely/ Five Minute Friday

4 comments :

  1. Hi Starleisha! Just passing through from the FMF linkup.

    I so get that awkward feeling of being lonely in a room full of people! It is possible. I hope you're able to overcome your pain & sorrow and have less moments of loneliness.

    Funny that you wonder if Jesus ever felt like you did? I touched on that in my post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I went over to your post, and I absolutely love it. It's when we accept the loneliness that we'll be able to grow through it. What a great reminder. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I love your question. It begs the answer, He must have. You think..I also can be considered friendly and outgoing. My husband teases me about making friends in the restroom...but I really am not...lol. It's more something I have grown into, as Called. Be blessed. Be glad, we are always in His presence.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Staleisha
    Just read Psalm 22 and you would see how incredibly lonely Jesus felt on the cross!
    Luv XX
    Mia




    ReplyDelete