Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dreamspace -5/19/2013-

I walked onto the stage.  There was a man at the table
There was a body on the ground, bloody; bruised; beaten. 
he said "You know she would have wanted me to do this to her." 
Instantly I knew where I was. 
Everyone knows not to think about your dreams. Or you'll loose them. 
I refocus. Two more men at the table. It was clear who the one was:
rich. status. wealth.
But you could tell it was all fading into the past
And then I saw her; there she was. 
The most beautiful woman I had ever seen.
Anyone you talk to knows that she is tragically wrapped up in a beautiful lie of a life.
I sat next to her, suddenly aware of my large sweatshirt and sweatpats. 
She was clad with diamonds; pearls; love; tragedy.
I took her hand. 
She pressed mine against her cheek. 
I did the same. 
She looked deep into my eyes. 
And I wept. 
The rich man placed his hand on my shoulder and directed my attention to the slats in the back wall.
"There it is. See it? It's blinking. Like a heartbeat." 
The Green Light. 
I wanted to go there. I wanted to follow it's pulse, I wanted it to sweep me away. 
In my awakespace I knew that it was real at one time. I didn't know if it still existed. I never longed to know.
But seeing it now, I needed to go there. 
The beautiful woman drew a ragged breath, and said those iconic words: 
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." 
There is a beat; darkness; applause. The magic is gone.
 The icons fade. 
The body had slipped away, changing into curtain call clothes, I assume.
 I'm left with normal, everyday people, dressed in parts. 
We gather for our bow. 
I realize it's a dress rehearsal. 
I approach and do a goofy curtsy. 
We all stand centerstage;
 laughing; joking; talking about sports. 
Everything-- normal. 
We get lectured on curtain call etiquette. 
a boy questions: "Wait, we have to grab hands? Who does that anymore?" 
"Every Broadway cast." i reply. 
I turn to face the back of the stage. 
The light is gone. It was just a lighting effect.
Ironically, without it, my hope fades.
What do I trust now?
***
I sigh 
and 
I'm back. 
My awakespace slowly creeps in, and I reflect on the details. 
I realize:
 Even when I awake, I'm drawn to it. 
I'm determined: 
Someday, I will chase, and catch, that green light.






No comments :

Post a Comment