Friday, May 24, 2013

I have an idea.

In a world full of differing opinions, denominations, sects, beliefs, degrees, upbringings, etc... we often take our discussions to Facebook. It can be a good forum for expressing thoughts, having book discussions, talking about pop-culture, and politics, religion, everything.

But if you're like me, sometimes it takes a few days to process your thoughts and form full sentences. and by that time, the thread is done; everyone has said what they wanted, and it's been moved lower on the timeline. Posting something now might be seen as trolling, or argument perpetuating. So then you're just sitting there, with all these thoughts and no place to put them.

I posted an article the other night, and a friend commented on it, and it was long, and I read it of course. But by the time I got through it, I had forgotten what I agreed with or found interesting in the first half of the comment!
That's when I had the idea. 

Facebook, in their ever prevalent obsession with staying "hip" and "fresh," should add a "Highlight" option for long comment threads. 

So, when someone leaves an extra long comment on a post you can highlight it and come back later after you've formed your thoughts. 

How cool would that be? I wonder what Mark Zuckerberg's personal email address is...
Anyone?
            Anyone?
                        No? ok.



No comments :

Post a Comment